Finding the car, friends or best place to eat at Fieldays will now be so much easier thanks to a brand new downloadable app with advanced capabilities.
Fieldays marketing manager Rebecca Wylie says when visitors enter the gates in June, they will do so with the latest technology at their fingertips.
No need to feel lost and alone at Fieldays this year – a new app will help friends find each other with ease.
Downloadable for free on Android, and iOS, the Fieldays App is available in five different languages – English, Chinese, French, German and Spanish.
The app uses iBeacon technology, making Fieldays one – if not the first – to apply this innovative event technology.
Rebecca is thrilled with the app and the advance Fieldays has made to enhance its visitor experience.
“Visitors that have downloaded the Fieldays App will have their fingers on the pulse this year,” says Rebecca.
“As well as being able to create their own schedule to visit their favourite suppliers or view their favourite events, they’ll be able to receive push notifications via the iBeacons on-site, pin to the map where their car is parked, find their friends and check the weather.
“There is also a news section so users can choose to receive the latest Fieldays news direct to their phone, and a social media function.
“With this, Fieldays visitors, exhibitors and media have access to the official Fieldays Instagram, Twitter and Facebook feeds, tap into the ‘FieldaysNZ’ hashtag and capture and share their own moments with the Fieldays camera.
“It really is a fantastic piece of technology and we’re proud to be able to roll out something so user-friendly and innovative out to our customers.”
Fieldays App features:
• Point of Interest: Users are able to find the closest food vendors, first aid, and other essentials. Users can also view important event information such as gate opening times, and ticket prices on the app.
• Proximity-based messaging: Relevant to the location of users, the Fieldays App delivers content, offers and information that visitors want, when and where it counts.
• Check Fieldays weather.
• Fieldays Map: The Fieldays map allows users to see their actual location in relation to all points of interest represented by pins. Users will be able to keep track of where their car is by dropping a pin on their map in the app.
• Friend-finder: The friend-finder allows users to share their location with their Facebook friends who also have the app installed on their phone.
• Fieldays schedule: The schedule lets users see what’s happening at Fieldays, from seminars to demonstrations to Rural Bachelor heats. The users will also be able to create their own itinerary from their schedule of the day at Fieldays.